Monday, May 14, 2012

Reality Check

First of....
Please go add your blog to my sweet readers tab :)
Much appreciated!

I have totally great intentions on being back to blogging regularly now...
Work has still got a death grip on me.
Grrrrrr

I had a really fun blog post planned for today.
Then something happened over the weekend....
AND
I must share.

For part of my Mother's Day....
I decided I wanted to go bowling with the kiddo and the hubs.
Rare thing for us to do something together.

The alley I bowl in...
They have 2 hour specials on the weekends.
From 6-8, 8-10, or 10-12.

8-10 it is....
Decided to go early so we could eat before.
They have the YUMMIEST food.
Screw the diet on bowling night....

Kobi decided she wanted to take a friend.
No problem.... But said friend was at a wedding and wasn't going to be at our house until 7:15.
Fine... take your own car.

At 7:30, I text Kobi.... yup the friend is running late.
8pm.... still no friend.
8:30...... I am extremely irritated.
8:45..... leaving rather she is there or not.

The friend finally showed up at 8:45.
The owner of the bowling alley said they could just do their 2 hours from 9:30-11:30.
I was still kind of hot under the collar. 
I mean, this was supposed to be a fun thing
for all of us....

So the girls leave....
On the way, Kobi called...
She was having issues getting through on the road.
It was blocked with 2 fire trucks and a bunch of cops.
I told her no worries, it was probably just a wreck.
Country back roads, people speed....
There is always an animal out somewhere on that road.

They finally made it through....
Everything worked out.
I was still kind of mad though...
That just took more time from our outting.

On the way home, there were news crews set up where Kobi had saw all the cops and fire trucks.
So I got home and looked on teh computer to see what had happened.
NOTHING

Sunday morning....
I found it.
A news story of what had happened.
After we had driven down that road to go to the bowling alley....
A gunman started shooting at a car as it passed.
Cops responded, a chase started,  a shootout happened....
The gunman dies.

If the girls saw fire trucks and cops....
and more cops on the way....
and no ambulance....
that means
IT HAD JUST HAPPENED!
I don't know about where you are...
but here, the fire trucks are first responders,
they get to the scene first.
Then EMSA(ambulance) comes in to transport.
The fire trucks usually leave once the ambulance arrives.

OOOHHHH MYYYYYY GOOOODNEESSSSS. 
THAT COULD HAVE SO BEEN ONE OF US!

I am so not a religious person.
But, I do believe in God.
AND
I do believe God made Kobi's friend late...
and kept them safe.


Kobi and I both get easily irritated when things do not go as planned.
So....
I asked her what our "life lesson" was out of this....
Her response....
"It's a good thing to be late".
UGH!
I told her....
It's ok if things do not go as planned.
God has a reason.
Just go with it.....
Hope your Mother's Day was as blessed as mine!

7 comments:

Samantha said...

This is definitely a great lesson to learn...it's good to be reminded of those things. Glad everyone checked out safely.

Anonymous said...

This gave me chills!!! I'm so glad everyone was okay!

Emmy said...

Holy cow, totally gave me chills reading that! How awful and wonderful that your daughter was kept safe. You really never do know.

Xazmin said...

I'm so glad you were all safe!

Sometimes when plans don't go exactly right, it definitely can be a good thing!

I'm glad you had such a Happy Mother's Day!

Sheila said...

Oh my goodness! how scary!
Yes...thank GOD her friend was running late!!!

Impulsive Addict said...

OMG! I just got chills down my arm! God must have had better plans for you guys, right? That's crazy. I'm glad everyone was safe. It's crazy how things happen. Great post!!

Andrea said...

So glad you were able to enjoy your evening together...safely!