Monday, July 27, 2009

Catch Up Time!

I have been SO lazy about blogging since we have been back from vacation. There is actually a reason and I will share that in a later blog, when I know more about the situation. But here is somewhat of a recap of all the happenings: NOTHING! Life as we knew it (busy and chaotic) while I was in school is so done. I just can’t believe it!

The garden has somewhat died out. We had enough squash, cucumbers, and zucchini to feed 8 families for a month make several families shudder with fear to think they may have to eat any more garden vegetables. I was actually able to make salsa and can it from fresh tomatoes, onions, jalapenos and habaneros that I grew myself. I was proud of myself… I got 8 pints! Of course I did have to buy a few extra ingredients from the store, but about 90% of the salsa was pure freshness. The tomatoes, cantaloupe and peppers are doing well now. Yesterday I pulled out all the vines that were dying out and planted new seeds for the fall garden. I have been trying to keep up with the flower beds and flower pots. They seem to be doing well and I am attempting to keep the beds weed free.

K has been having a typical summer. We either have extra kids at the house or she is at a friend’s house. Last week she had a different friend stay the night each night for I think about 5 days straight. I really don’t mind as long as they don’t tear up the house clean up after themselves.




A couple of weekends ago, we had our company picnic. That was actually fun. We played putt-putt, batted in the batting cages, drove the go carts, bumper cars and bumper boats. We let K take a friend with her, we just aren’t cool enough too cool for her to be seen with all the time.




This past weekend we went with our friends to a private ski lake. I has to laugh at the sign that was found posted out there....



That was a great day – food, fun & sun. They pulled K on the tube and she also got to practice her wake boarding. We also got to watch them slalom ski some and that is just amazing how they make it look so easy. There is no way I would even ever attempt.


K has also been very busy taking pictures.I am in love with the fact that she has found a way of expressing herself through pictures.





We will be leaving on a mini vacation soon. Going to head out to the lake for 5 days, well actually 3 days there and 2 days traveling. I think this will be the first trip we will be traveling alone. Well, kind of... While we will miss the fact that we will have no other families with us, we have allowed K to invite a couple of friends. There is a wake board festival going on that weekend so it should be interesting to keep track of 3 girls with all those "boys" running about! *BIG SIGH*

No comments: