Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Forgetter Be Forgotten?

We are mostly packed, just a few little things left for last minute in the morning. The whole family is so ready for this trip. I am completely exhausted from loading everything in the travel trailer today. But I look at it this way, I can sleep on the way!

I really did have a hard time packing today. I swear my brain is already on vacation. everal times I would walk into a room to get something to pack and forget what I was after. Well, actually I would remember 2 minutes later and go back and then would forget what I was doing when I went after what I had forgotten! HA! After a long discussion on the phone with my Sis-in-Law, she sent me this poem. I do not know who it is by or who it is from....but I could so relate and I thought I would share!


My forgetter's getting better,
But my rememberer is broke
To you that may seem funny
But, to me, that is no joke


For when I'm 'here' I'm wondering
If I really should be 'there'
And, when I try to think it through,
I haven't got a prayer!

Oft times I walk into a room,
Say 'what am I here for?'
I wrack my brain, but all in vain!
A zero, is my score.

At times I put something away
Where it is safe, but, Gee!
The person it is safest from
Is, generally, me!

When shopping I may see someone,
Say 'Hi' and have a chat,
Then, when the person walks away
I ask myself, 'who the **** was that?

Yes, my forgetter's getting better
While my rememberer is broke,
And it's driving me plumb crazy
And that isn't any joke.

CAN YOU RELATE???

No comments: